The Mandalorian is a Star Wars live-action western series produced by Lucasfilm, set 5 years after the events of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (1983). It’s a Disney+ exclusive series. After the rollercoaster finale of The Mandalorian: Season 2 and The Book of Boba Fett finale, fans have been eagerly waiting to see the next chapter of the hit Star Wars series. The Mandalorian: Season 3 is all set to be released on 1st March, 2023.
In the latest trailer for The Mandalorian Season Three—which drops on Disney+ on March 1—Lucasfilm teases more of Mando’s return to his home planet, Mandalore. He must make amends for taking off his helmet at the end of Season Two and breaking Mandalorian code.
The series promises intense Grogu scenes (as seen in a scene where he uses the Force to throw a creature out of a cave) and a story centered around Mandalore, the spiritual home of Din Djarin and the helmet-wearing warrior knights. Former Mandalorian leader Bo-Katan Kryze has a regal moment sitting on a throne similar to the one in Mandalorian capital Sundari.
The show features intense action scenes featuring large Imperial Star Destroyers and hints at Mando leading fellow Mandalorians into battle. This could bring him into conflict with Imperial Grand Admiral Thrawn, a villain from the show “Rebels,” as mentioned by Mando’s Jedi ally Ahsoka Tano in season 2.
- Disney previously confirmed Pedro Pascal will be back as Din Djarin, the titular Mandalorian on whom the entire series is based (presumably with help from stunt doubles Barry Lowin, Brendan Wayne and Lateef Crowder).
- Carl Weathers is back as Greef Karga, and will also be directing again, as he confirmed at Steel City Con.
- Katee Sackhoff is back as Bo-Katan, and is likely to have her sights set on the Darksaber with the weapon now in Din’s hands.
- Rosario Dawson’s Ahsoka could be back, though she also has an upcoming spin-off and her status remains unclear after her cameo in The Book of Boba Fett.
- Back to the Future’s Christopher Lloyd has also joined the line up in a mystery role.
According to the show’s Twitter account, The Mandalorian: Season 3 will debut on Disney+ on March 1, 2023. The series will pick up right after his appearances in the back half of The Book of Boba Fett as Mando returns to his home planet, Mandalore.